Air Cargo (our recommended shipping option during the holidays) is a popular shipping option for fish keepers. Essentially, we ship via the extra unbooked cargo space on passenger airplanes. Transit times are as long as it takes a human to fly from Los Angeles to wherever you are (plus 2 hours at the destination airport to transport packages from the plane to the cargo facility)!
There are pros and cons for this type of shipping.
- High minimum weights for each cargo (allows us to pack in much larger boxes and add WAY more water and space for the fish.
- Transit times are always much shorter
- There are fewer hubs the packages must travel through resulting in a lower chance of mishandled or dropped packages by each hub's personnel.
- You must go to the airport to pick up your package.
- Please note: you don’t actually enter the airport in most cases. There is usually a cargo facility in a commercial building near the airport that the airlines distribute packages out of.
For a list of the local cargo facilities, please use the links below:
How much does Air Cargo cost?
However, for all orders over $100, we will honor our $50 flat rate shipping option!
For all general orders under $100, it will cost $65.
How do I book my Air Cargo?
Scroll to the bottom of this page to fill out the request form!
See Related Questions:
- I need my fish before Christmas or by a specific date, what do you recommend?
- When will my FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING fish ship?